Sometimes it’s the easiest part of writing a book. Or it can be the hardest decision to make in the whole process.
What should I call it?
That’s the dilemma I have with my biography of St. Louis Cardinals great Ken Boyer. Oh, I have several titles in mind, but I haven’t settled on the one I’ll use yet.
I’ve asked my Kickstarter backers and followers of my Ken Boyer: Captain of the St. Louis Cardinals Facebook page for their input and suggestions.
Below is a list of possibilities as well as ones that have been suggested to me:
- Ken Boyer: A Life in Baseball
- Ken Boyer: A Baseball Biography
- Ken Boyer: A Baseball Life
- The Captain: The Life and Baseball Times of Ken Boyer
- 14: The Baseball Life of Ken Boyer
- Ken Boyer: A Cardinal Legend
- Ken Boyer 14: The Captain’s Baseball Life
- Ken Boyer: The Biography of a Cardinals Legend
- Janie Boyer’s Dad*
* I thought this was the funniest one.
I’ve also started looking through photos I’ve gathered (and exploring a few other possibilities) as likely candidates for use on the front cover. But to have the cover, I need to have the title selected.
I’d be very interested to know what your thoughts may be, either from the list above or another suggestion. (Note: This poll is only to record reader input and the final title decision will be at my discretion.)